The technology for good value chain
According to Britannica, technology is the application of scientific knowledge to the practical aims of human life or, as it is sometimes phrased, to the change and manipulation of the human environment.
While Collins dictionary defines technology as methods, systems, and devices which are the result of scientific knowledge being used for practical purposes.
Technology in our modern day has been both a blessing and a curse. It’s offered opportunity for tremendous advancement while at the same time often stifling meaningful social connections by allowing us to ignore one another easily even while in the same room.
A quick glance at the research on technology-mediated interaction reveals an ambivalent literature. Some studies show that time spent socializing online can decrease loneliness, increase well-being, and help the socially anxious learn how to connect to others. Other studies suggest that time spent socializing online can cause loneliness, decrease well-being, and foster a crippling dependence on technology-mediated interaction to the point that users prefer it to face-to-face conversation.
Having this in mind, below are some ways we use technology for good.
1. Becoming responsible digital citizens. When we consider ourselves responsible digital citizens, then we realize we are part of something bigger than ourselves, that our actions affect others and that we have a responsibility for how we treat others. This helps and guide us in the way we relate and interact with others, we don’t spread false new, bully or troll people online.
2. Bonding with faraway relatives: With the ability to video chat with family and friends, technology has made creating connections and memories with loved ones from hundreds of miles away easy and effective and it is definitely a benefit in our tech-based society.
3. Expressing creativity: Many apps allow users to express their creativity with photos, music, coloring, making funny voices, or creating their own videos and this as help a lot of the youth gain lawful employment as in the case of most comedy skit makers and content creators
4. Preparing for the future. Most of today’s jobs require the use of technology. Regardless of our ambitions or goals, technology will likely be a part of our career. People who learn to type, communicate in online settings, and have a basic understanding of navigating and troubleshooting online problems can have a real advantage in the work force.
5. Innovation In Many Fields: Technology has truly resulted in digitization and modernization in many fields. Either it is the field of medicine or farming or electronics, technology has resulted in a global revolution.
6. Disable-d, Are Now Able-d: Modern science and technology have now made nearly everything possible. Recently, brails which works on electronic pulses have been invented. Artificial foot, smart sticks and what not is invented.
Here are some benefits of technology in the workplace:
1. Technology allows for working remotely, which has shown to increase employee productivity
2. Working remotely also offers more flexibility for parents and young mothers
3. Connecting with the best resources regardless of their location in the world
4. External and internal communication is quicker through emails, project management, co-working tools, and workplace productivity apps
5. Helps save time, thanks to automation of redundant tasks
6. Leaves time for more innovation and growth-related conversations
7. Cost savings due to computing technology that takes care of the repetitive tasks
8. Less wastage of time because files are stored on the cloud and can be searched easily
9. Because of technology, companies can act faster, make quicker decisions, and remain adaptability
10. Less wastage and optimal usage of all other resources can be controlled.